Friday, April 16, 2010

Grown Ups Suck!

Why is it children instinctively splash in rain puddles and adults deliberately walk around them? Adults won't even jump over a puddle! They walk around a puddle like it's the black hole of the universe waiting to suck them in! Personally I like to skip over puddles and I really don't care if the downtown Chicago snobs that rush past me think I'm gay, crazy or Peter Pan. (Kind of sounds like a Broadway Musical doesn't it?) That puddle is a small hurdle and I'm going to leap over it! (I can hear the exciting theme to Superman now) That's how I view it. So if children splash in puddles on purpose, does that mean they look at puddles, spilled milk and clothes on the floor as opportunities to have fun? Hmmmmmm? I find myself yelling at my kids over and over about the stupidest things. Notice I said "yelling" and "over and over". I have to lol at myself. All I'm doing is causing myself aggravation! My kids like to crank call people from their cell phones and when I overhear them, I start screaming and disciplining them. My kids aren't swearing at anyone, they aren't making threats and oddly enough the people they crank call don't hang up right away, rather they engage my kids! Jeez, maybe I should join them. Kids know how to have fun and the older we get, we may get wiser, but we definitely become less and less fun. And that is quite sad to me. After all, I'm off to the kingdom of fun known as Vegas as I type away here! And why? Because I'm dying to have some fun! I am so excited right now I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! Or maybe ........ a kid splashing in a puddle!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mark,

    I believe that these days people are calling it "prank calls" not "crank calls"....
    but you wouldn't know LOL
    ieva

    ReplyDelete